Pages

16 January 2012

one pretentious weekend

this weekend i realized a lot about myself that i wasnt proud of. i reside with my partner in life whom i love but treat horribly at times and vice versa. i believe my blindness or rather deafness to the verbal garbage i was spewing out these past few months were doing an unknown amount of damage in my life. i often think twice about the words i choose to share with friends, co-workers, and other acquaintances in life but when it comes to family and partners i tend to ditch the filter without a second thought about how my words might render some unintended consequence. but is that not what those closest to you are for? to be your un-filtered self, pretentious and all? why is it that we often mistreat those closest to us rather than those that we interact with on a less frequent basis? (rhetorical) Whatever the psych babel is behind that question; life lesson learned - chill out and think twice about what i choose to share with my life partner and try to imagine that i could actually be wrong about a thing or two. humility: the opposite of pretentious. i have surrounded myself with enough friends and family to know that it takes more than one person to fulfill your emotional and intellectual needs - i need to spread the love. i <3 my family and friends.

visual of my life lesson:

0 comments:

Post a Comment